House Leader – Szabolcs Veres
I initially started at Camphill Blair Drummond as a co-worker in 2001, moving onto the post of Support Worker. In 2007, I secured the post of House Leader and since then have been responsible for Orion House.
The House Leader’s role is very complex:-
- To supervise and support the work of the volunteer co-workers and the Support Workers within the household
- To be responsible and accountable for the general welfare of the residents and all staff within the household
- To hold accountability for the budget of the household and the finances of the residents
- To ensure that all the support and care we provide is in line with legislation and national guidelines
- To act as a ‘communication bridge’ between the management team and the household, and also between the Workshop Leaders and the household
- To ensure that there is good ongoing communication between the household and those who are involved in improving the well-being of the residents (i.e. relatives, professional bodies, befrienders…etc.)
- To be involved in various working groups within the community such as the Anthroposophy Group (person-centred planning), Communication Group, Health and Safety Group…etc. The aim is to make sure that the community is always improving within the ever-changing national guidelines and financial circumstances.
The House Leader’s job can be challenging – it requires flexibility, patience, consistency and a touch of humour. At the same time, it is also very rewarding when you see improvement in the lives of residents and day students. The basic pillars of this job are total honesty, respect and trust towards those the House Leader is working with and working for.
June 10 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
40th Birthday 40k ChallengeIt's our 40th birthday on 18 June! We have set ourselves a challenge to raise £40,000 by getting 40,000 people
Read more about 40th Birthday 40k Challenge»
Help us win a £25,000 donation thanks to MasterCard!Sainsbury's night colleague Ronnie is running the Virgin London Marathon in aid of Camphill Blair Drummond on 24th April 2016.
Read more about Help us win a £25,000 donation thanks to MasterCard!»
Advent Sale raises over £10,000Despite a very wet and windy afternoon, our fabulous supporters braved the horrible conditions to come to our Advent Sale. Our unique,
Read more about Advent Sale raises over £10,000»
- “There is an integral feeling of welcoming and warmth at Camphill Blair Drummond” Greg Bashford (Woodwork Workshop Leader)