House Leader – Szabolcs Veres
I initially started at Camphill Blair Drummond as a co-worker in 2001, moving onto the post of Support Worker. In 2007, I secured the post of House Leader and since then have been responsible for Orion House.
The House Leader’s role is very complex:-
- To supervise and support the work of the volunteer co-workers and the Support Workers within the household
- To be responsible and accountable for the general welfare of the residents and all staff within the household
- To hold accountability for the budget of the household and the finances of the residents
- To ensure that all the support and care we provide is in line with legislation and national guidelines
- To act as a ‘communication bridge’ between the management team and the household, and also between the Workshop Leaders and the household
- To ensure that there is good ongoing communication between the household and those who are involved in improving the well-being of the residents (i.e. relatives, professional bodies, befrienders…etc.)
- To be involved in various working groups within the community such as the Anthroposophy Group (person-centred planning), Communication Group, Health and Safety Group…etc. The aim is to make sure that the community is always improving within the ever-changing national guidelines and financial circumstances.
The House Leader’s job can be challenging – it requires flexibility, patience, consistency and a touch of humour. At the same time, it is also very rewarding when you see improvement in the lives of residents and day students. The basic pillars of this job are total honesty, respect and trust towards those the House Leader is working with and working for.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Volunteer David running the Edinburgh Men’s 10kDavid is a valued Volunteer here at Camphill Blair Drummond. Since 2003 he has been a long term befriender to Graham,
Read more about Volunteer David running the Edinburgh Men’s 10k»
Annual Bike SafariOur annual Bike Safari was a huge success this year and our final total raised, including gift aid is a
Read more about Annual Bike Safari»
Celebrating Volunteers WeekLast week we celebrated Volunteers Week by thanking all our local volunteers and co-worker with personal messages and cards from our students
Read more about Celebrating Volunteers Week»
- “I have been very lucky to see the new workshops and houses become a reality. It has been talked about for a long time and it is great to see it happen. There has been quite a bit of upheaval along the way and the residents have coped with it brilliantly. However it has all been worthwhile and you just have to pop into Sycamore or Garden House to see that the residents think so too.” (Irene McLaren, Amber House Leader)